Monday, October 15, 2012

TWD: Bagels (Hey look guys, I'm on time!)

Look! I made my bagels early AND I remembered to post! This is crazy. Honestly, I wish I could just bake everything but school always makes it so, so hard. x.x university and baking just don't get along, y'know? I can't wait until I graduate in three years and go to Le Cordon Bleu for patisserie. Tons of blogging about baking and stuffs then! (: Anyway, bagels.

 I actually still have troubles uploading pictures from my phone onto my computer, so this is actually from my instagram post that I made of the bagels back then.. Anyway, they were delicious. I'm not sure if they were supposed to keep rising in the fridge but they did for me, which was kinda stressful cause the dough wanted to flow over the sides while I was at school .. I'm not actually too sure how long I boiled them for, either, but they turned out great. My mom put them in a container a little early since it was getting late by the time I was done baking them so they were a little damp the next morning but they were still great with cream cheese after a little toasting.

definitely making these again (: If you want the recipe, check out the book, "Baking with Julia" by Dorie Greenspan or go to our host's blog! Also, see other posts on the Tuesdays With Dorie website.

aanyway, time to get back to studying for physiology.

happy baking!
Mayy.

3 comments:

  1. High-five on your accomplishment of posting on time! Definitely a difficult task for a college student. I'm always impressed with you young gals who take on these projects while going to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you: school and baking! Congratulations! Hope at school you have as much success as when you bake: your bagels are beautiful!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for balancing school and keeping up with baking :-)
    Great bagels.

    ReplyDelete